Base notes of garlic …

Our garlic is slowwwwly lifting her hat, about to take her annual bow.

destinationhereandnow_garlic_1

She’s put on quite a show this year. Centre stage …

destinationhereandnow_garlic_4

… in oldy worldy stripes of pinks and cream.

destinationhereandnow_garlic_3

Lapping up the warmth of that summer spotlight.

destinationhereandnow_garlic_2

Readying herself to hit those beautiful base notes. Incomparable!

destinationhereandnow_garlic_5

Our very own, home grown, Italian diva.

1. Posted 5 December 2012 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

This is glorious – I love the poetry and the gorgeous photos – Brava Margaret and Italian Diva – take a well-deserved bow!

Posted 5 December 2012 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Grazie mille Francesca x

2. Sue
      Posted 5 December 2012 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Fabulous images as always.
      Our garlic is not doing so well this year – though we have plenty in. I have a feeling they will only be small bulbs but they are organic and homegrown so I think that makes up for it somewhat.

Posted 5 December 2012 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

Thank you Sue. They’re so pretty when you take the time to look closely. Any tips on when to pick them and how best to dry them?

• Sue
          Posted 5 December 2012 at 7:04 pm | Permalink

I was told plant on the shortest day harvest on the longest so I guess thats something to use as a guide!
          To dry mine I had an old plastic bread crate that I turned upside down in the shed and just laid them on top of it. Worked fine for me!

Posted 5 December 2012 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

I heard that of onions so it would make sense for garlic. Thanks Sue.

3. Posted 5 December 2012 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous clicks. I love the whole onion family for its prettiness in the garden and not to forget the awesome flavors of chives, garlic and onions. Beautiful!

Posted 5 December 2012 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Thanks Simone. Particulary when you zoom in on them!

4. Posted 5 December 2012 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Be still my heart!

Your garlic photos are exquisite. Oh my!

Must bookmark you!

5. Marg
      Posted 5 December 2012 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

What are you talking about bookmarking girl! Subscribe via email. Now! haha – it’s the only way to go :) Lovely to have you Anne. Glad you like x

6. Posted 6 December 2012 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

These photographs are awesome! I love garlic and use it a lot in my cooking! Thank you for reminding me how beautiful the flowers are. Inspiration for my jewelry.

Posted 6 December 2012 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

Thanks Irith. If you do make something let me know. I’d love to take a look! Thanks for stopping by x

7. Posted 7 December 2012 at 6:59 am | Permalink

wow Margaret I’ve never seen home grown garlic, how beautiful! The flowers are just exquisite, they remind me of lavender….x ciao lisa

Posted 7 December 2012 at 7:23 am | Permalink

My guess is you’ll be seeing plenty more of it before to long! x

8. Posted 7 December 2012 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

beautiful and poetic marg, well done x H

Posted 7 December 2012 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Thanks Harrie
        x

9. Posted 7 December 2012 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

Wow, just beautiful! I’ve never seen garlic grow either so this was quite fascinating. It’s kind of easy to forget that somewhere else, right now, garlic is growing and temperatures don’t drop below freezing like here! :)

Posted 7 December 2012 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Definitely our turn for some warmth Satu. Have a lovely northern hemisphere Christmas. x