… in which her shadow rolls over in bed and murmurs ‘go on without me.’

It was one of those mornings.

Denison Bridge pylons Bathurst

Cloud covered. Closed in. Cushioned silence.

The Macquarie River from the Denison Bridge

The sort of morning when your footsteps are reluctant to be heard

reflection of reeds in the river

…and your shadow rolls over in bed and murmurs “go on without me.”

river and reeds, wet river rocks

A winter morning in Bathurst.

Not especially cold, not especially wet.

Just quiet.

Denison Bridge pylons relected

moss textures on the bridge

Denison Bridge pylons and reeds

They built a new bridge a few years ago. A big new four lane bridge.

Denison Bridge sign build 1870

But I still remember driving over this one in my little green mini when I first moved to town.

So much excitement in one little car. Moving out of home. About to start uni.

My whole life fitted into that little green mini and oh, what tales it could have told 😉

Have a lovely, snuggly weekend guys xx

1. Posted 29 June 2013 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

I always feel wordless after your photos. I want to feel guilty that you have fall when we have summer. But the quiet beauty of your images says there’s loveliness in every season. Gorgeous. Got it.

Posted 29 June 2013 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

I think since I’ve started the blog, it’s actually making me appreciate living in a place with four seasons more than I used to. Winter is not just something to be endured and got through, it’s just so beautiful when everything is stripped back and you can see the underlying structure in everything around you. And the colours are heightened. Glad you liked it Shalagh, thank you. Now go and dive in a lake for me!

2. Posted 30 June 2013 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

We had the exact same weather here – until the rains came and drenched us 🙂 – and I loved it. It’s such pleasantly sleepy weather, very good for my sick self to recuperate in. 🙂

Posted 30 June 2013 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Perfect for snuggling up with a book. Take care Krista. x

3. Posted 3 July 2013 at 5:49 am | Permalink

Just out of curiosity, how cold does it get there in the winter? I’m wondering if your winter is in the same ballpark as our summer… 🙂 I was not going to say anything about the images this time although they ARE beautiful, but I keep saying it in every comment, I think, and it might be getting old… 🙂

Posted 3 July 2013 at 8:51 am | Permalink

I just checked and the average July winter temp is 0.6 degrees. So it does get colder than that. Ice on the car windows on many mornings. We go winter camping not far from here and it gets down to minus 8. But that’s not the norm. What are your summer temps?

• Posted 4 July 2013 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

What a relief, it is colder there in the winter than here in the summer! 🙂 In warm days the temperatures climb past +20C here, and I would consider +25C to be HOT. I’d say the average temperatures are somewhere around +15C where we live though. This summer has been nice and warm, but I do enjoy the rain too… I was laughing the other day when I was looking for shade in the heat of 20C, I must be a true northerner…

4. Tracey
      Posted 8 July 2013 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

Damn your good girl!
      Both for getting out of bed, your appreciation, your creativity, your sharing – I guess we can call that your Art.

Posted 8 July 2013 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Haha high praise coming from you Trace. Thanks love. Needed a smile this afternoon. xx

5. Posted 24 June 2014 at 6:14 am | Permalink

…groan, I’m actually inspired to get out of bed and see the morning, so beautiful are the photos…see what you are starting.

Posted 24 June 2014 at 8:28 am | Permalink