While you were sleeping …

While you were sleeping …

telegraph pole and poplars at sunrise

I stole a golden sunrise

sunriseandpoplars

right from under your pillow

cow and poplars at sunrise bathurst

and you never knew …

sunrise bathurst

Toast and tea and cold toes in bed

bathurst valley with fog on the river at sunrise

Good morning world. A little breakfast postcard from Bathurst. Have a beautiful day. x

1. Lyn Chapman
      Posted 6 June 2013 at 9:04 am | Permalink

What stunning pics on this chilly morn – we do live in a glorious part of the country don’t we? Love your blog πŸ™‚

Posted 6 June 2013 at 9:08 am | Permalink

We do indeed Lyn. Lovely to have you swing by. x Tell your friends haha! Have a great day.

2. Maggie McLaren
      Posted 6 June 2013 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

I have just found you.
      From your comment on Mimi Thorissons blog. Now I have spent half the day catching up with all your blogs, haven’t quite finished, but I have work to do. Blast! You have charmed me, I’m a sucker for the combo of good writing and visuals and your blog covers them in spades. Thank you for sharing. I already love it and have subscribed. I have recently discovered Bathurst after looking at a property near there and was surprised (and delighted) to find what a nice Australian country town it is! Looking forward to following you. Thanks Margaret.

Posted 6 June 2013 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Oh Maggie I’m so glad you said hi. And extra pleased you found me! And Bathurst! And subscribed! I feel like I’ve won the trifecta. Yes, Bathurst has come a long way since I first came here as a student in the early 80s. Best coffee in the central west lol. I only discovered Mimi’s blog in the last week or two. It’s sooo beautifully put together. We’re a bit rougher around the edges here haha πŸ™‚ From a blogger’s perspective you’ve paid me the loveliest of compliments Maggie and I’m very touched. Sincerely – thankyou. x

3. Ginny
      Posted 6 June 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the beautiful photos. Got me in a moment I really needed to get lost in beautiful memories. I miss those beautiful foggy mornings. See you soon

Posted 6 June 2013 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Hey Gin. Glad they touched a chord. Turned into a yucky grey day so I felt like I got the best of it πŸ™‚ Come and see us soon x

4. Karyn
      Posted 6 June 2013 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

Hi Marg – thanks for the lovely photos. They gifted my day with a smile.

Posted 6 June 2013 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

Good to hear. Thanks Karyn. x

5. Posted 7 June 2013 at 1:12 am | Permalink

Your pictures have a cinematographic quality. I want to be standing in it.

Posted 7 June 2013 at 8:12 am | Permalink

We’re on the precipice of buying a camera that will take video Shalagh so this comment is encouraging. Thankyou x It’s grey and raining this morning. Much needed rain πŸ™‚

6. Posted 7 June 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Absolutely gorgeous!! How I love these sorts of early mornings when everything is misty and glowy and wonderful. πŸ™‚ You made my day with these images. πŸ™‚

Posted 7 June 2013 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

It’s an incentive to get out from under the covers Krista. Best time of day!

7. Posted 16 June 2013 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

And while my baby is sleeping… I’m catching up on some blog reading (or mainly just marveling at your photos!) as you might have noticed from the number of comments coming from Norway… πŸ™‚ These images are really inspiring, too bad the sun doesn’t really go down here at the moment so that I could wake up early and head out with my camera!

Posted 16 June 2013 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

I don’t know how you do it – the long darks and the long lights. Do you get the Northern Lights where you are Satu? Thanks so much for taking the time to pop by. I know time is precious with a little one. x

• Posted 17 June 2013 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

We get northern lights occasionally, but they are never as spectacular here as up north. And we don’t have the “proper” dark season either, for sure it’s fairly dark in the winter time but up north, again, it’s quite a different story. I love popping by, as said before, your world is so different from mine (when you are not taking pictures of “Ireland” πŸ™‚ ) and I love these little glimpses of it.

Posted 17 June 2013 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

So how far north do you have to go to see them Satu?

• Posted 17 June 2013 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Past the arctic circle is the best, here in Norway TromsΓΈ is popular for northern lights watching although you don’t need to be in any specific spot. Finland and Norway have bit of a “fight” going on which one is “the destination” for viewing them πŸ™‚

Posted 17 June 2013 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Sorry. One more question. Do they go all year? Or is there a season? When would you go?

• Posted 17 June 2013 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

No worries πŸ™‚ You can only see them in the winter time because it needs to be dark, and even then it is not guaranteed you will see them. I’d say usually between November-March you’d have the best chance of seeing them. You can get an idea what’s happening with the northern lights activity here: http://www.storm.no/nordlys/ It’s in Norwegian but the map is quite good anyway.

8. Posted 10 May 2014 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Well, isn’t that just stunning!

Posted 11 May 2014 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Well that’s a lovely comment out of the blue! Nice to have you drop in Andrea.