… a tale of opium and spanish señoritas

A Spanish señorita has stepped on to the stage in our garden.

Neck proud and erect, earrings dangling, skirt flouncing.

spanish senorita opium poppy

A whirling flurry of passion immersed in her own red dangerousness.

opium poppy red skirt flying

A blurred oblivion of colour and movement.

pink underside opium poppy

But behind the facade of bravado and foot stamping she has a trove of quiet secrets, secrets that she keeps close and well concealed.

The tantalising question is

hidden secrets opium poppy

Who will she choose to unlock them?

1. Posted 15 November 2014 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Oh I have such a thing for those sassy poppies. How lovely she is that lovely vixon. I am reminded again of what I want in my garden as it goes to sleep.

Posted 15 November 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

I don’t know what it is this nearly summer but we’re seeing opium poppies in the garden that we haven’t seen for years and I noticed a whole bank alongside the river last week. Strange. Same too for the roses and callistemons. Best season in ages.

2. Posted 15 November 2014 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

..I’m thinking how beautiful it would be to make a painting of that last photo….

Posted 15 November 2014 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

I was musing about the third one Andrea.

3. Posted 4 December 2014 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

Ha Ha never she will take them to her grave xx
      A mystery forever.

Posted 9 December 2014 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Hey there Lisa. Hope all is well in the valley xx