As you walk …

As you walk, what do you see?

kerb and courthouse

Are you so busy thinking ahead …

courthouse and carillon

That you overlook the details …

machattie park from the drinking fountain

They’re there. They’re always there.

drinking fountain and ochres in machattie park

Especially on a quiet autumn morning.

When the rain has eased.

And the light is soft.

drinking fountain detail and leaf

Patterns. Textures. Colours in every crack.

machattie park details

machattie park gazebo and fallen leaves

These are the colours of my town.

Bathurst.

This morning.

begonia house in autumn

Do you see what I see?

margaret hogan sketch machattie park

1. Helen Bergen
      Posted 21 April 2015 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Just lovely. Thank you for reminding me to slow down and be present.

Posted 21 April 2015 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Just as much a reminder to myself Helen 😉 x

2. Posted 21 April 2015 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

This is lovely. We’re surrounded by riches.

Posted 21 April 2015 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I reckon you could create a treasure map for Machattie Park. Find the Charles Darwin plaque marking his visit to Bathurst in 1836, find the cast iron lizards, storks, giant fish, a king’s crown … it is a beautiful park to explore. Thx Tracy.

3. Posted 21 April 2015 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Beautiful Marg, I am a detail person as well. Love the watercolour is it yours? Gillian

Posted 21 April 2015 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

Thankyou, yes, it’s mine Gillian. I’m trying to do more with a brush. Hope you’re a bit warmer in NZ than we are here today. x

4. Posted 21 April 2015 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

I’m smiling because you walk the way I walk. 🙂 Noticing all the little things that make each part of the path interesting and unique. Beautiful images. 🙂

Posted 21 April 2015 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Thanks Krista. Queensland smiles are good on a cold NSW day 🙂 x

5. Posted 21 April 2015 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

I had a hint of the sense of Autumn walking this afternoon, it was that autumn light, but apart from that it was still a warm day, and I could still swim in the bay, where the turtles are, and be warmer in the water than out. But that light, and that touch of crisp in the air, it makes me realise that I really miss living in places with four seasons, with bare trees and fallen leaves. Happy Autumn Marg!

Posted 21 April 2015 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

So jealous of the thought of you swimming with turtles. It’s something I so want to do. Had hoped to do it up at North West Island some years ago but they were nowhere to be seen. We are snuggled down and despite the welcome rain, it’s starting to wear a bit thin. But we’ve got off lightly compared to all the damage on the coast.

6. Stuart Cohen
      Posted 22 April 2015 at 8:35 am | Permalink

lovely Margie. Nice DoF x

Posted 22 April 2015 at 11:39 am | Permalink

Cheers Stu. x

7. Posted 22 April 2015 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Such a thrill to see your pictures. I realize I’ve been parched for the quenching quality your images provide. Your town is so very very lovely. And I love how you see it. Bully on you for painting too!
      Love to you and the loved ones,

Posted 22 April 2015 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Hi Shalagh, I had a period where I was swamped with work and am now enjoying a lull but not for long. Grabbing the brushes while I can! xox to you and yours.

8. Molly
      Posted 26 April 2015 at 6:06 am | Permalink

Lovely photos and captions. And the watercolor is great. I always try to notice some new thing on my neighborhood walks. A wonderful reminder. Thanks.

Posted 26 April 2015 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Thanks Molly. I drive my husband insane stopping and taking in things. He’s a strider 🙂